Listen to this episode NOW (01:02:09)
Interview with San Diego Spearo Volker Hoehne
On this episode I interview a spearo who started in the 70’s when he was 10 years old. He has years of experience, tons of great stories, and some of the best insights so far.
I consider Volker one of my mentors and really appreciate the advice and stories he has shared with me over the years.
So let’s dive into Volker’s epic spearfishing journey.
Have a listen and enjoy.
Summary In Short Phrases
- “Mom, Look I want a polespear…”
- No YouTube
- Blasting and Eating
- Death Grip
- The Cure for Oversleeping
- Conspiracy to stop Spearfishing
- The mentorship he wished he hadn’t passed on
- Evolution in isolation
- Santa Cruz
- Overcoming fears
- Abalone, rock fish, and Great White Sharks
- Spearfishing a Surf Competition
- Otter Pucks
- Cook the fish
- When I almost died – Triple Fail
- The Wetsuit Story (Awesome)
- Corn Starch
- Channel Islands
- “What’s a Freediver…”
- “I looked like an antique to them..”
- Getting Schooled
- “…Like putting on Jello.”
- Breaking through limits
- Spearfishing gone mainstream
- Search Image
- Getting past the Blast Phase
- Teriyaki It
- Hunting White Sea Bass
- THE TRIDENT
- 100ft Dive
- Sevengill Sharks
- And More…
Do Me A Favor
Here is a Step-by-Step guide for an iTunes Review
Question of the Week
The question this week is What do you want to know about spearfishing?
Thanks for Listening!
I’m excited about the show. Remember to leave a comment below.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for listening! See you next week!