Last year was a blur. I saw tuna in that blur.
Life got real busy for me with the birth of my second son Julian and all the preparation that goes with it. We are all settled in now and everyone is fine.
Not Enough Diving
I was able to go spearfish a few times but didn’t tag anything exceptionally large. I did see Yellowfin Tuna in the water for the first time. It was surreal. They didn’t come close enough for a shot but it was still exciting. I went on some nice trips but focused on using my polespear. I wanted to shot a Calico with a polespear AND get it on camera. I came close and that was rewarding alone so I’m adding this to my resolutions for 2015.
Last year I read and listened to about 10 books on writing and style. My goal was to write better for you all. I psyched myself out. I ended up being too critical of my writing and froze trying to implement everything I was learning. This year I’m just going for it. That brings me to my next point…
Expect To Hear More From SpearoBlog
I’m going to be writing a lot more often so expect more emails from us when we post. No more than one per day IF there is new content. If you haven’t joined the SpearoBlog Tribe yet, you can sign up for the newsletter over on the right.
New Years Resolutions
- GET IN BETTER DIVE SHAPE – I searched for the most efficient way to get in shape and found 100 Burpees for 100 Days is a great start. I start today! I’ll be posting progress daily in the in the Spearfishing>Training section. Follow along or even better. JOIN ME! More to come on this.
- HARVEST A LARGE WHITE SEABASS -I didn’t get one in 2014. We focused more on blue water hunting and didn’t put in the soak time.
- HARVEST A CALICO BASS – with a polespear AND get it on video. I almost did it last year. I’m going to keep at it.
- SPEAROBLOG – Write at least once a week
- THE SPEAR – I’m going to do my original plan with The Spear podcast which was to interview spearos and companies to get you all some useful insights and info.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I wish you a prosperous and happy 2015!! Thanks for stopping by!