On this episode I interview a fellow San Diego Freediver.
Anthony is part of the new generation of spearos. He joins us to share what he has learned so far on his spearfishing journey. So have a listen and Enjoy
Here is a quick summary of what we covered in this episode.
- The path that lead him to discover spearfishing
- The pros and cons of taking a freediving class too soon
- Starting with a polespear
- Choosing his first speargun
- First fish
- The story of his personal best Calico (7lbs)
- San Diego Freedivers – Blue Water Meet
- Managing fear of Sharks and dive anxiety
- Finding mentors
- First Blue Water trip
- Spearfishing Dorado (Mahi Mahi)
- Blue Water Spearfishing advice
- Reverse Fish Psychology
- Deep Spearfishing
- Tips for new spearos
- And more
Anthony can be reached via Anthony Putrino Creative Studio. His design business website is AnthonyPutrino.com
Do Me A Favor
Question of the Week
I’m trying to get to know you all better and what kind of hunters you are. The question this week is How many fish did you take last year? I have a theory that the numbers are much lower than we think. Leave your answer in the comments below.
Thanks for Listening!
I’m excited about the show. Remember to leave a comment below.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for listening! See you next week!